Friday, August 5, 2011

News Flash

Today was my regularly scheduled every 3 month dreaded appointment in Shreveport with my rheumatologist. Today I left smiling. I saw my physician's assistant as usual. First she talks to me. Then she squeezes my fingers, hands, toes, and feet. Then she makes(I guess leads) me to do circular motions checking my ankles, knees, arms, and shoulders.

The news? She said I was doing very good. Improving greatly! She said no swelling in fingers and toes. (I still have one bad toe and one bad finger ha ha) She was impressed with how I could rotate my arms, shoulders, ankles, and leg. She said I was improving enough that I can wait 4 months to come back AND after that if I am still improving I don't have to go back for 6 months! I've come a long way since May!

One of the ladies working in the office said....I remember when you were here a few months ago. You were scared to death and worried about taking shots. Now look how good you look!

I have been excited all day. I feel so much better and now the doctor confirms it! Tonight on the way home, I had the radio really loud, singing to the top of my lungs!! Something I haven't done in a long time. Here's what I was singing......

This is the first day of the rest of your life
This is the first day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright s´gonna be alright



Another one of Matt Maher's songs that I'm obsessed!

1 comment:

Michawn said...

i'm worried. where are you?