Thursday, August 4, 2011

I am so proud

I was having a conversation with sweet niece who loves her Aunt Laura very much. We were talking about her night at a friend's house. I was asking the questions about who was there, what they did and of course how late they stayed up. I stayed up to 1:30 or 2:00. Some were already asleep but she was still awake....then she said...her friend turned on the TV to watch Family Guy but she told her friends she was not allowed to watch that show.

I was SO PROUD! I wish I had that. You know that gutsy, stand up for what is right sense of morality! She is 9. How many times as adults do we laugh at that joke, watch something we shouldn't, or talk about someone we shouldn't or not stop someone from talking about someone? I am guilty!

I learned a great lesson from a 9 year old.

By the way, they turned it and watched something else!

No comments: