Sunday, December 7, 2008

Get up, dust off, and refocus!




I am finding it hard to stay on track during the holiday season. I have already attended 2 parties this week. It is hard to stay within points with all that holiday food. But I am not going backwards. I going to keep remembering how far I have come. I am ready for the new year.


I want you to hear something from me. I know how hard it is to lose weight. I have fought it my entire life. I am going to fight it for a long time. My motto when I started was BE SELFISH. I had to be selfish. I knew that if I wanted to live a full life, I was going to have to make a decision to change my lifestyle.. I have heard all the talks. I have been given all the pep talks. I had to realize that I wanted to live a long healthy life. I want to be able to see my nieces and nephews graduated high school. I want to get married and have a baby. I want to be the best me God intended and designed me to be. You know it is not about being skinny. It is about being healthy!

If I was totally honest with everyone and myself, I have been REALLY off. I have resorted back to some of my previous habits. I really don't like it. People keep telling me how I have inspired them and how great I am doing. I know that I have done well.

But right now I feel like I have let myself down and all the others that have said how proud of me they are. During the day Saturday, I went and laid down. I guess I am feeling depressed. I have to get up off my bottom , dust off, and refocus!



Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway. John Wayne



1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nobody is perfect. It's the rough patches that help you to refocus and sometimes they even propel you to take it up a notch.
The holidays are hard, but the important thing is that you look at everything you have accomplished and everything that you will accomplish.
Did you ever think last Christmas that you would have completed a 5K this year?? And next year, we are totally going shave 15 minutes off of our time!
Anyway, I'm proud of you no matter what. You haven't let us down, you have just shown that it isn't easy, and rarely is anything worth doing very easy.
Okay, I'll shut up now.
Your Personal Cheerleader,
Melissa