Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Love --- don't use the word lightly.

This is therapy.

Love from a distance. A friend once told me this.  Yes she did. She had decided to love me from a distance.
My first thoughts...Really? What the heck does that mean!? Are you crazy cra?

Let's break it down.
What does love mean?
an intense feeling of deep affection

What does distance mean?
make (someone or something) far off or remote in position or nature.

So love from a distance means
To have a far off remote intense feeling of deep affection for someone.

That's just..... well crap. I have worried and thought over this until I'm done.  It got me ...nowhere.  

I have been thinking more about what love is. 

What is love? What does the Bible say? 1 Corinthians 13
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. 

What love looks like....
 listening to a friend vent. 
laughing over something silly. 
encouraging a friend to keep fighting.
a text just to say hi. 
a sweet smile when words are not needed. 
when a child tells you...you look pretty. 
sharing your lunch.
holding your hand when you are sick. 
getting mail that is not a bill. 
giving a tissue. 
a hug.
One of my students tells me every day that he loves me.  He usually tells me more than one time during the day. The conversation usually goes like this.

Ms. Laura Lea 
Yes
I love you.
I love you too.  
Ms. Laura Lea I love you to your heart.
I love you to your heart too.
Ms. Laura Lea I love you  from your head to your toes. 
I love you from your head to your toes.
Ms. Laura Lea, I love you to the moon and back
I love you to the moon and back.  

That's love but there is a greater love..................The LOVE OF JESUS!  
  
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. John 3:16


For God so loved ME, Laura Lea, Lala that He gave His one and only son that if I, Laura Lea believes in him I will not perish but will have everlasting life! John 3:16

Now that is love. 

No comments: