Tuesday, December 16, 2014

King of My Heart

I spoke at a ladies conference in October of this year.  God used that opportunity to continue to help heal me spiritually and physically.  

This is the testimony I gave that day.  

 Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord himself, is the Rock eternal.  

The last few weeks as I've been thinking and praying about what to say and the song KING OF MY HEART has been on my mind.  It's been on the radio I think every morning and every afternoon on my way to and from school.  The words say. "You are bigger than any battle I'm facing. Bigger than any thing I've been chasing.   These words really spoke to me. "


Over the last 4 years I've faced a battle that I couldn't handle.  I've had some really bad times.  Times I didn't want to get up out of bed.  I didn't want to face people.  I wanted to give up. Very low times.  

I stand today to tell you that but even in the darkest times God was there.  I couldn't handle it but with Him I can! He was fighting for me and still is.  He has surrounded me with friends and family that love me and lift me up.  Ministered through scripture that friends shared. He was there.  Through people that didn't even know they were helping.  He used times of worship and the Word to speak to me.  He was there.  He was there sometimes whispering other times shouting at me...I've got you.  

The song says He is bigger than any battle I face. But It also says that he is our hope.  Philippians 4:4-6 says Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  

It would seem strange that a man in prison would be telling us to rejoice. But Paul's attitude teaches a big lesson.  OUR INNER ATTITUDES DO NOT HAVE TO REFLECT OUR OUTER CIRCUMSTANCES. Paul was full of joy because he knew that Jesus Christ was with him. It is so easy to get wrapped up in our circumstances and be discouraged. But we have a Savior who has fought for us and will continue to fight for us. 

Lift up your head God our fighter is on our side Christians!   Trust Him.  Psalm 20:7 says some trust in chariots, some in horses, but WE trust in the name of The Lord our God.  

Side-note:
After I spoke that day, a sweet lady called on  pray for me.  The ladies gathered around, laid hands on me and I was anointed with oil.     Hearing the voices of the ladies praying for me was amazing.  They prayed for courage, faith, strength, and healing.  They thanked God for who I am and how he made me. I felt the strong presence of the Lord surround me and fill me. I am thankful for those ladies, most of them whom I didn't know, for praying for me and lifting me up!  It is a day I will not forget. OH what a blessing!



No comments: