Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Beauty

People should think before they speak.

Today I was told that I was so much prettier now. While I realize this statement has truth in it, it had the potential to be very hurtful.

Here's my opinion/attitude. I know that my beauty does not come from the outside. I know that I am not going to the casting call for America's Next Top Model. Whether I am over 400 pounds or 150 pounds, my beauty is on the inside. My beauty is not set by weight. It is set by the characteristics that God blessed me with to make people feel special and know that they are loved.

So today when this lady commented on my beauty ... it was like water off a duck's back. Her voiced opinion, even though she thought she was throwing a compliment, did not really mean anything. But if I had to tell her anything...think before you speak.

No comments: