Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Where am I now?

It has been too long since I posted. To be honest with everyone August, September, and October brought nothing to post about. I struggled bad through those three months. In reality I probably gained 8 to 10 pounds through those few months.

I wish that I knew where my mind was when making the decisions I was made. It certainly was not on weight loss. It was more about the taste of the food and the excuses I had not to exercise. I made some really stupid choices. Choices to do what felt good and not what was best for me and my health. NO I did not go back to all of the habits that I had when I started but I saw myself adding back in bad habits. It was a struggle!

So where am I today late in November?
I am back on track!

At the beginning of November...something happened. I got up one Sunday morning and decided that I was going to eat right that day, do good, and start over the next day. And that is what I did...I ate right one day, then the next, then the next. I put out a plea with all my friends and family who have supported me since day 1 and they responded with prayer and encouragement.

That same Sunday...a friend stated we would start back walking ....and we did. Walking every day. She reminded me every day we would walk. It took a couple of days and we were back into the swing of things walking and talking a mile. The two of us have even ran a couple of the laps each time we walk...we laugh wondering if those couple of running laps really matter! She encourages me.

Then another friend has become my personal trainer and encourager. We have only trained a few times but just knowing that I have to answer the question "How'd you do this week?" helps me make good choices each day. He is added to my list to take to Oprah.

So many people encourage me...I cannot begin to name everyone that encourages me with a word, smile, text, or FB to help me reach my goal. I feel like I am back on track and it is because of the prayers of my mother!, my fantastic friends and fabulous family.

My dream would be to run ahead and see what life will be like when I reach my goal of 176 pounds. I want to know what I will look like and what I will feel like. Who will I be...me just in a healthy body. I am actually beginning to see me at goal. The old me is goal but the me now can begin to see the new me...coming soon!

Oh you wanna know what I have lost.....a total of 116 pounds!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

You are going to get there. I KNOW you will. :)
You have done great.